I was pleased and surprised when Twitter-friend and poet Marousia recently honoured me with a Liebster Award. Liebster is the masculine form of a German adjective meaning favourite.
Foreign words used in German are usually neutral, and thus it should probably be called the Liebstes Blog award. That said, I’m not picky when I’m at the receiving end, so with great pleasure, I accept and post it here. In accepting this award, the recipient agrees to:
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who bestowed the award.
2. Name five blogs who deserve the award and let those bloggers know.
3. Post award on blog.
4. Have fun and spread the karma!
It’s not easy to pick only five blogs, and I can think of several more that deserve recognition. These five are some of my favourites:
1. Lynda Bruce‘s eponymous blog is a feast of words and colours and thoughts for the soul.
2. Matt Quinn, aka Poemblaze, keeps his blog ablaze with frequent poetic posts. One of my favourite places to find good poetry.
3. Jennifer M. Kaufman’s blog, Books, Personally, is loaded with book reviews and reading suggestions. She writes great fiction, too!
4. Heidi David’s blog, Madame Paradox, always comes through with a healthy dose of cynical wit, delivered in her signature style. To be enjoyed with bitter chocolate, and like chocolate, this stuff is addictive!
5. Andy Harrod’s blog, Decoding Static, is intelligent and thought provoking. He says on his ‘about’ page: “I want people to stop and think.” His blog has just that effect.
My thanks again to Marousia for giving me this award. Marousia’s blog is rich in poetry, photography and thought.